It’ll soon be time to produce the T4’s and now is a good time to do some planning.
We will be sending updated instructions for 2015 in the upcoming weeks but you can start now by generating the T4 summary report and do the pre-T4 balancing.
For EMS 4.2, instructions on T4’s and T4A slips can be found in Chapter 17 on page 117 of the Payroll User Manual under the Help menu. Or go to our website https://www.comvida.com/policies-and-procedures/ and under 2014 T4 and T4A filing you will see procedures for either EMS Payroll 4.2 or Payroll 2.5.
If any adjustments are needed they can be made in the current year.
Some suggestions of things to be looking for:
• SIN # – update any missing or invalid SINs
• No CPP – is the birth date incorrect?
• Employee address – is the address complete with Postal Code?
• Tax Province – Update any missing Tax Province codes
• Reportable Deductions & Taxable Benefits – make sure the applicable T4 boxes are filled, if not then check the Calculate Period report to investigate.
• Reconcile your tax account – balance the total amount paid to your accounting records.